The Records Access Officer (City Clerk) shall coordinate a timely response from City agencies to public requests for access to records as set forth in Article III of the HCC Chapter 45.
The Records Access Officer shall ensure that agency personnel:
1) Maintain an up-to-date subject matter list.
2) Assist persons seeking records to identify the records sought, if necessary, and when appropriate, indicate the manner in which the records are filed, retrieved or generated to assist persons in reasonably describing records.
3) Contact persons seeking records when a request is voluminous or when locating the records involves substantial effort, so that personnel may ascertain the nature of records of primary interest and attempt to reasonably reduce the volume of records requested.
4) Upon locating the records, take one of the following actions:
a) Make records available for inspection; or
b) Deny access to the records in whole or in part and explain in writing the reasons therefor.
5) Upon request for copies of records, make a copy available upon payment or offer to pay established fees.