2020 Year In Review
Mayor Kamal Johnson has issued the following statement.
As I put the cap on my first year as Mayor of the city of Hudson. I would like to take some time to reflect on our many partnerships that have helped my administration navigate a very difficult year.
This year has been a literal “trial by fire” and I am appreciative to all those who have worked hard right alongside me all year. Thank you to every citizen, board/committee, the Common Council/President, every organization, citizen’s groups, and everyone working hard for our great city. You are all appreciated I hope that 2021 is filled with miracles, good news, freedom, and love for all. There’s a lot I left out but more importantly a lot more to come in 2021!
- Talking is Teaching Campaign - partnership w/ Greater Hudson Promise Neighborhood, Columbia Opportunities, and Berkshire Taconic.
- Take 5 for Hudson Initiative.
- Environmental Events at the waterfront, such as Schooner Apollonia and Sloop Clearwater.
- Town Halls (feat. Congressman Delgado, Assemblymember Barrett, and former Presidential Candidate Andrew Yang.
- Budget that prioritized the necessities and did not raise taxes.
- Partnered with the Spark of Hudson to deliver over 50 WIFI hotspots to students without internet access.
- Hudson Safe Campaign - partnership w/ Future Hudson.
- Signed Short Term Rental Legislation.
- Virtual Job Fair.
- Youth Center Food Distribution.
- Universal Basic Income Pilot - partnership w/ Spark of Hudson, HudsonUp, and Humanity Forward.
- Minority, Women, and Veterans business grants - partnership w/ Galvan Foundation.
- Columbia County Business Continuity Fund - partnership w/ Berkshire Taconic Community Foundation, Columbia Economic Development Corporation, Columbia Chamber of Commerce, Hudson Business Coalition, elected officials, and donors.
- Hudson Shared Streets - partnership w/ Future Hudson and Hudson Hall
- Launched Truck Study.
- Street Improvement Demonstration Projects.
- Promenade Hill Concept Plans.
- Hudson Connects Design Plans.
- Dunn Roof Stabilization.
- Sidewalk Audit.
- Creation ADA Policy
- Police Reform Policy - **Upcoming Town Hall in January more information coming!
- Creation of Police, Advisory, Reconciliation, Committee.
- Formed Transitions to Treatment committee.
- Black Lives Matter Mural.
- Recognized Juneteenth as a holiday.