City Clerk's Office
520 Warren Street
Hudson, New York 12534
Phone: (518) 828-1030
Fax: (518) 828-3103
To reduce exposure to yourself, city employees and other members of the public, the City Clerk
encourages all services be provided by Regular Mail or the utilization of the Night Deposit Box
located outside of City Hall, 520 Warren Street.
Any questions, please contact the City Clerk's Office 518-828-1030
Applications and Instructions
Municipal Parking Lot Permits
2021 Annual Parking Permits will go on sale Monday, December 14th
The parking permit shall allow a vehicle in which the annual parking permit is prominently displayed
to be parked in any municipal parking lot without parking meter payments provided, however, that no vehicle 84 inches or more in width and more than 84 inches in height or more than 20 feet in length may use such annual parking permit.
The purchase of the Municipal Lot Parking Permit DOES NOT exempt the
permit holder from any parking rules or regulations.
Complete the Municipal Parking Lot Permit Application and mail to the City Clerk's Office
or contact the office during regular office hours to schedule an appointment.
Municipal Parking Permit Fee $250
Municipal Parking Lot Permit Application
Hunting and Trapping Licenses
2020-2021 Hunting and Trapping Licenses go on sale on August 10, 2020.
Buy your sporting license online: www.dec.ny.gov
By Telephone: 1-866-933-2257
Marriage License Issuance
A couple may secure their marriage license at any City/Town Clerk's Office in New York State to be married in the state.
To schedule an appointment 518-828-1030
Acknowledgement of Paternity
When children are born to parents who are married to one another, paternity is automatically established, but for children born to unmarried parents, paternity must be established. This is typically accomplished by completing an Acknowledgment of Paternity (LDSS-4418) form in the hospital after the birth of the child.
Due to Covid-19, many hospitals were forced to limit or restrict visitors. As a result, children born to unmarried parents may have gone home without having their paternity established.
For this reason, a tutorial titled “Acknowledgment of Paternity: How to File from Home” was created to assist parents in establishing paternity for their children. By clicking the link below, you can access the tutorial, which will explain:
- How to complete the form
- What it means to sign the form
- Where to file the form
- Who to contact if you have questions
Table Of Contents:
Issues - Hunting & Fishing Licenses, Dog Licenses, Marriage Licenses, Solicitor, Peddler/Vendor Licenses; Handicapped Parking Permits, Municipal Parking Lot Permits.
Bingo & Games of Chance Licenses
Keeper of City Seal for Certifying Records
Administer and record Oaths of Office
Files Contracts, Leases and Deeds
CLERK OF COMMON COUNCIL:
Attend meetings of Common Council, prepare agendas, compile minutes of meetings.
REGISTRAR OF VITAL STATISTICS:
File Birth, Death and Marriage Records for the City of Hudson which date back to May 1881.
Issue certified copies of Birth, Death and Marriage Records
Pre-Adoption Birth Certificates can be ordered online via the NYS Dept of Health - Vital Records
Order Online or by calling 877-456-7747
RECORDS ACCESS OFFICER:
Ensures appropriate agency responds to requests for access to public records pursuant to the Freedom of Information Law.
Hours of Operation:
8:30 AM - 5:00 PM Monday - Friday
July & August 8:30 AM - 4:00 PM
- Birth Certificate Instructions & Application-ID REQUIRED (PDF - 332.6 KB)
- Death Certificate Instructions & Application - ID Required (PDF - 584.1 KB)
- Marriage Certificate Instructions & Application - ID REQUIRED (PDF - 1.3 MB)
- Genealogy Information & Application (PDF - 970.0 KB)
- Affidavit to Request Marriage Certificate - Dual Citizenship (PDF - 246.1 KB)
- Affidavit to Request Death Certificate - Dual Citizenship (PDF - 248.7 KB)
- Commissioner of Deeds Application (DOC - 59.5 KB)
- Peddler, Hawker and Solicitor License Application (PDF - 282.2 KB)
- Transient Merchant License Application (PDF - 380.8 KB)
- Vendor License Application (PDF - 12.2 KB)
- Mass Gathering Application (PDF - 601 KB)
- Alcohol Agreement and City Code Chapter 65 - Henry Hudson Riverfront Park (PDF - 2.2 MB)
- Vendor License as Event Organizer Application (PDF - 27.9 KB)
- Access to Public Records Application (Freedom of Information) (PDF - 677.9 KB)
- Handicapped Parking Application & Instructions (PDF - 1.9 MB)
- Municipal Parking Application
- Application for Auctioneer's License
- Application for Auction Permit