Code Enforcement Department
429 Warren Street
Hudson, NY 12534
Phone: (518) 828-3133
Fax: (518) 828-9241
Hours of Operation:
8:30 am _ 5:00 PM
Table Of Contents:
Hours of Operation
Several Duties Include:
Inspections of dwellings for compliance with the city's minimum standards for housing.
Receive complaints from the public.
Keep records of violations and remedies to ensure code compliance.
Maintains records of inspections, notices issued and monthly reports.
Responds to HPD Fire Calls.
The Department of Code Enforcement coordinates, implements and enforces the Building, Electrical, Housing and Fire Prevention Codes within the City of Hudson.
Issues the following:
Appeals for Zoning Board
Historic Preservation Certificate of Appropriateness Application Forms
The Code Enforcement Officer also serves as the City's Plumbing Inspector. He enforces the provisions of the Plumbing Code, including the issuance of permits, inspections and testing of work performed by licensed Plumbers.
Permits for plumbing and drainage work are only issued to licensed master plumbers registered and approved by the City's Board of Plumbers.
Board of Plumbers
- Building Permit Application (PDF - 729.0 KB)
- Area Variance Instructions & Application (PDF - 2.2 MB)
- Use Variance Instructions & Application (PDF - 2.1 MB)
- Planning Board Application (PDF - 2.1 MB)
- Zoning Map (PDF - 10.7 MB)
- Commercial Registration Application (PDF - 107.5 KB)
- Multipule Dwelling Rental Registry (PDF - 829.2 KB)
- Mixed-Use Occupancy Registration Application (PDF - 198.8 KB)
- Vacant Building Registration Application